Thursday, May 20, 2010

thank you merlot, but not for the reasons you think

I don't own a scale but a gal at work does. So I stepped on it ... and realized that I have lost close to eight pounds. What? This is what happens when you sustain yourself on nothing but merlot, coffee and avocados for three months ... added that I never really let myself lay down to sleep except between 2 a.m. and 7:40 a.m. I know, I know, I think I'm actually healthier when I have eh, muscle, and weigh a little more. Merlot relaxes my senses, cools my angst from the day, and makes me forget about people who take advantage of me throughout my day--and I don't drink to the point that I can't write. The horror! And we're talking about a glass, not a bottle, my friends. It's better than a carb-loaded beer for crying outloud. I would never advocate a diet like the above. I think the healthier and more real, raw food (oh yeah and exercise) you can get, the better! I try to run but it's nowhere near as consistent as my next door neighbor who can easily cover six miles in an hour. What can I say? I traded in exercise for a career of writing? Yeah, I know, still not good enough a reason. I need one of those exercises I can do while writing a 1,000-word article in under a week. Yeah, how about that Richard Simmons? Oh, and I need to be sitting the whole time, with just my two hands moving. Is that cool? OK, great.

I should just take yoga from a friend who teaches the stuff--girlfriend time and peace of mind and body! I do try to mediate everyday, usually it's in the car right after some jerk cuts me off on the 110, but ... alas, should get sleep. Interview tomorrow evening with a very talented young lady who can sew circles around anyone. 


No comments: