Monday, May 10, 2010

Swimsuit Season Equals Workout Season

It's always funny to me how as soon as the tiniest glimmer of summer season rolls into Los Angeles, suddenly everyone discovers an inner wanton need to exercise till the cows come home. Well, it is Los Angeles and we're not exactly a "layers" kind of crowd if you know what I mean. I'm guilty of this fair weather fan-of-exercise as well. There's no question I get excited for the warmer seasons because that means easy going, comfortable tanks and shorts and breezy dresses. Plus, I get cold so easily it even annoys me that I have to keep an emergency-cold sweater in the car. Good thing for me, it feels like summer comes a little early (and stays a little longer) in Pasadena. It's great until we reach August, but we'll blog about that later ... Today, I was happy to see these workout vids featuring Tracy Anderson, who is pretty decorated in terms of who she's helped tighten and strengthen (Gwyneth Paltrow and Madonna). These are great short vids if you got some living room space and 20 minutes. Remember, these should offer a good challenge since it's engaging more than just your core muscles. In other words, don't just swing your legs aimlessly and hope it works. Really think about the muscles you're using and try to challenge yourself where it feels the most weak, whether that's your legs, sides or stomach.

Even if you're a fair weather fan-of-exercise, these options are so short, you'll quickly jump start your endorphin high, and can do them while watching Family Guy -- which isn't half bad as I've recently discovered.

Kick Away Those Love Handles

No Butts About this Workout

More workout vids from Tracy. 

No comments: