Saturday, October 23, 2010

A Little AMOR

Last week, I went to visit my mother. She was feeling sick at the time, so I climbed into bed with her and hung out for a while. Later, she gave me the most beautiful pinkie ring, and her most cherished ring (OK, besides her wedding ring). She told me not to loose it. Ironically, I almost did when I had the disturbing experience of folding laundry and realizing the ring had simply slid off my pinkie (oh, that was horror). Since than, I have corrected the egregious error and now wear the ring on a silver chain with a Tiffany's heart (which my sister gave me). The ring though is remarkably irreplaceable. The story is in 1972 my mom decided to buy herself her first ring, of her own accord. It's gold and the diamond has fallen out but it's probably nothing like you've ever seen, a gorgeous vintage little piece. I cherish it. My mom told me she wanted the jeweler to make her a ring that said "love" but in Spanish so the ring says "AMOR." The font style is the other cool part. It's this psychedelic-ish, ballon-y font that you'd likely glimpse on The Doors or a Pink Floyd album cover.  Something like this: 
Here's the ring:




No comments: