Thursday, October 28, 2010

EcoEtique is Born

I have been running a blog now for two years now. My first blog post was on Muse Marian, a.k.a. Marian McEvoy, the former etiquette columnist for Domino Magazine, RIP. McEvoy offered real-life advice for modern-day men and women. She's like Carrie Bradshaw meets Emily Post, plus classy oomph. Overdid martinis on a first date? Crackberry users make rude company? Muse Marian knew what to do. To this day, I still cherish her columns (yes, I keep old magazines that have gone to heaven). My first post was on etiquette and funny, even garnered me my first (and encouraging) comment. I think that must have been a sign. 


"I definitely love your own writing way, very helpful, don't give up as well as keep posting simply because it simply just truly worth to follow it, looking forward to find out additional of your articles, goodbye!" 


Today, I'm launching EcoEtique, an advice column on how to handle all aspects of modern-day eco living and etiquette. Sometimes the two are inextricably connected. For instance, if you're a guest at someone's house and offer to clean the dishes after dinner, and you notice the homeowner blasting the sink water with no dishes underneath (just thinking it makes me cringe), how do you resolve cleaning the dishes fast while not wasting precious water? Wanna send correspondence for a party or just say hello? There are a plethora of ways to nicely upcycle material into cards and find eco, sustainable stationery -- stay cordial to your acquaintances and the planet. This is my aim with EcoEtique, that and a little enjoyment. 

2 comments:

Carren said...

That's a sweet story :) Encouragement goes a long way, I'd wager many of us are where we are because of it :) Looking forward to the posts!

About EcoEtique said...

Thanks for the comment Carren! I agree wholeheartedly that encouragement helps propel a lot of folks and oh the places you'll go.