Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Something That Has Nothing to Do With My Writing ...

But then again writers do write because they love seeing their work published and their personally crafted thoughts and ideas communicated to others-some who they might never meet. And herein lies the slight ego embedded in all writers, eco journalist or not. I've always loved being in the spotlight (I'm a Leo) but dropped the music major when I was 22 years old, in lieu of becoming a ham of the written language. But who knows. I just started video media, so maybe I can integrate the two (entertaining and writing) this year.

I will say this, 1984 was a good year for me, as that was the year I discovered one of the biggest ego-inducing entertainers today: Madonna and the "Like a Virgin" album. And just like that, a little baby ego-turned writer was hatched.

No comments: