Sunday, January 10, 2010

Feeling Framed

Finally getting to another one of my weekend projects by framing my vintage Vogue magazines. I wish I could stake claim that this creative, artful home design was my idea, but it was my boyfriend who found these original Vogue magazines from the 1930s, 1940s and 1970s. These sorts of beautiful spreads and cover ideas were not just hashed out attempts to market the lastest Hollywood starlett and film, like so many glossies today. In fact, back then Vogue didn't frequently put actors on the their covers, rather they liked models who exemplified the sophistication, glamour, precision of fashion branding that was Vogue. Here are a few that already bedeck my entry walls.

This one is from October 1, 1946.


The left one is from the 1960s (the psychadellic look was enjoyed so much by my boyfriend that he bought himself a copy too). The one on the right is from the 1940s, and is actually one of my favorites. It's summery, artful colors always make me feel a little lighter each time I walk by it in my place.

Check out these gorgeous and dramatic layouts. Love it.   

Here's a keeper. The ad actually tells you to "try Camels on your 'T-Zone'." T meaning taste and throat. Lovely.



No comments: