Friday, March 26, 2010

Elle Decor and More Happy News

This month offered some unexpected and charming surprises, from getting my own bungalow in the land of heaven (no, literally my neighborhood is called "bungalow heaven"), acquiring my first flat screen monitor (thank champagne with Amelia for that one), getting to redesign an entire home on my own, to having something I'd written, published in a national magazine, Elle Decor. For as long as I can fricken imagine, I'd always wanted to break into national consumers and technically I have, so I'm letting myself feel a little proud of somehow convincing Editor in Chief Margaret Russell that my scribbled commentary on the changing media landscape was worth her beans to be selected and placed among the lucky few in her kingdom of glossy.

Very soon I will be at the editorial helm of one of the Seven Sisters, or the like. Until then, you can read up on my latest post at your daily thread.

As I write this, the phone is ringing (don't worry, not on my desk) and I'm experiencing the irritating feel of 68 degree office a/c - all the while thinking of the beautiful weather I'll encounter this weekend and all the fun I'll have scouting Apartment Therapy and Craigslist for a buffet/credenza and working on my house. Just last night, a friend helped me set up my kitchen counter and island situation. TGIF (thank God I've Friends) Click here to check out my new home.  

Keep in touch,
sarah

1 comment:

Justina Blakeney said...

I'd wanna click to see your new home-- but alas, there's no link! Congrats on all of your big news!